History

A Tradition of Excellence.

Since 1663, Matsumoto Trading has been providing quality ingredients to pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. This remarkable longevity is testimony to the company’s commitment to excellence uphold for numerous generations of management by the Matsumoto Family.

Corporate Outline

1663
Ihei Matsumoto opens a shop, Iwashiya Matsumoto Ihei Shoten,
in Nihonbashi, Edo.
1880
Dawn of the cosmetics industry in Japan (see illustration)
1945
Matsumoto Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., forerunner of present Matsumoto Group, is established.
1955
Company changes name to Matsumoto Ihei Shoten Co., Ltd.
Manufacturing division separately established as Matsumoto Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
1970
New company headquarters, Matsumoto Kyodo Building, constructed and company changes name to Matsumoto Trading Co., Ltd.
1993
New distribution center built.
1997
Open Laboratory established to make possible fine-tuned response to customer needs.
1997
First “Cosmetic Ingredients Seminar for cosmetic circle” held both in Tokyo & Osaka.
2000
Matsumoto Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. receives ISO9001 certification.
2004
Upgraded Open Laboratory relocated to ninth floor of company headquarters.
2006
Matsumoto Chemical Industry completes new research facility.
2007
Former Matsumoto Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. renamed to”Matsumoto Fine Chemical Co., Ltd.”
2008
Main office and Open Laboratory relocated.
2010
International Business Department established for expansion of global operations.
2011
Industrial Chemical Department is merged with Matsumoto Fine Chemical Co Ltd.
2012
The Osaka office is relocated (Osaka Open Lab is established).
2013
The company’s main office and Open Lab is relocated.
2014
Matsumoto Trading Shanghai Co., Ltd. is established.
2015
MTAV VIETNAM CO.,LTD is established.