A Tradition of Excellence.
Since 1663, Matsumoto Trading has been providing quality ingredients to pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. This remarkable longevity is testimony to the company’s commitment to excellence uphold for numerous generations of management by the Matsumoto Family.
- Ihei Matsumoto opens a shop, Iwashiya Matsumoto Ihei Shoten,
in Nihonbashi, Edo.
- Dawn of the cosmetics industry in Japan (see illustration)
- Matsumoto Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., forerunner of present Matsumoto Group, is established.
- Company changes name to Matsumoto Ihei Shoten Co., Ltd.
Manufacturing division separately established as Matsumoto Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- New company headquarters, Matsumoto Kyodo Building, constructed and company changes name to Matsumoto Trading Co., Ltd.
- New distribution center built.
- Open Laboratory established to make possible fine-tuned response to customer needs.
- First “Cosmetic Ingredients Seminar for cosmetic circle” held both in Tokyo & Osaka.
- Matsumoto Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. receives ISO9001 certification.
- Upgraded Open Laboratory relocated to ninth floor of company headquarters.
- Matsumoto Chemical Industry completes new research facility.
- Former Matsumoto Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. renamed to”Matsumoto Fine Chemical Co., Ltd.”
- Main office and Open Laboratory relocated.
- International Business Department established for expansion of global operations.
- Industrial Chemical Department is merged with Matsumoto Fine Chemical Co Ltd.
- The Osaka office is relocated (Osaka Open Lab is established).
- The company’s main office and Open Lab is relocated.
- Matsumoto Trading Shanghai Co., Ltd. is established.
- MTAV VIETNAM CO.,LTD is established.